Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When did WiFi become part of my survival?

Pelican Lake
Naples, Fl

To survive, you need food, shelter and at least one bar of Internet connectivity. It's amazing what falls apart when you can't connect for a few days!

Not being able to find an Internet connection (yes, I'm pirating any signal I can find) is something I didn't really expect traveling in the USA!

Unless you find a Starbucks near by, which I don't have available.

I knew I was dependent upon being connected for work but I didn't expect to FREAK when I couldn't find a connection for DAYs and not be able to get my news or have the ability to roam the web or the most upsetting....update Facebook (*choke* yes, this is true...).

Despite being on 'vacation' among palm trees and exquisite sunsets, I get excited for a weak signal and willing to wait over 60 seconds for a webpage to load.

No need to comment, I realize this is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment