Tuesday, July 7, 2009

'Keep the options Open'

For me, my summer motto is to 'create options'.

With that said, I've started out on a road trip with my college roommate and our kids and decided to blog about the experiences that unfold in our travels.

Why leave our comfortable homes, loving husbands and the beautiful Jersey Shore, during the summer?

Good question. At times my friend and I wondered ourselves. For example, when you are traveling with kids that are on the brink of puberty, they tend to be overly facinated with talking about the different bodyparts. Cleverly, they kept this subject up for hours, as we traveled down 95.

But the real answer is simple and possibly naive; it was the pefect idea after a long, dark and rainy spring.

So off we went, in my mini-van, packed with an excess amount of items, bikes, two adults, five kids and a couple of bottles of Veuve Clicquot stowed in the rear.

Join me in my summer blogging series for the Coast Star.

I hope you find some humor and possibly inspiration to create your own summer adventure.

More to come, from the Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment